Our goals for the future
At PCS, we are driven by values that underpin and promote sustainable development within Vanuatu. Through our work, we strive for:
- Good Health and Well-being
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Gender Equality
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Reduced Inequalities
- Industry Innovation and Infrastructure
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Reliable communications access for all
The PCS team considers Health, Communications, Resilience and Education as major areas where we can make a difference and we are therefore aiming to become more involved in these areas into the future, by:
- Assisting the Government in electrifying all schools in Vanuatu – (Not only with clean energy, but enforcing safe wiring practices)
- Electrification for Health clinics, including Vanuatu Aid Posts , Dispensaries and hospitals.
- Continued support to the Government and Private Telecommunications sector to achieve maximum coverage throughout Vanuatu.
- Improve Resilience capabilities of all villages in Vanuatu, regardless of how remote.
What we have done
- Supplier to thousands under the Vanuatu Rural Electrification Project (VREP)
- Installation of Freshwater solar solution with Zero Mass
- Powered an Island Group – Partnership with DOE for 108 lighting kits for households in Torres Island Group after being devastated by Cyclone Cook
- Partnership with MOH for 30 Village Aid Workers Sun King Home kits.
- Partnership with Community Justice Department for lighting solutions for Vanuatu’s disabled community
- Promotes the importance of emergency preparedness and self-reliance.
- Design, Supply and Install a Solar Battery Power Solution for Wintua / Lorlow Communities, SW Malekula, including Distribution Network